Saturday 8 October 2011

Spinach Rice | Baby Food

Here's one more simple baby food. These days I have only been preparing baby food while the regular cooking is being taken care by my cook. So don't be surprised if you see baby food recipes often. :-) But I am planning to post some regular cooking recipes sooner.




I had decided to introduce greens to my LO. Sometime back I had been at Crossword and stumbled upon a book
"Baby and Child care - A handy and complete guide for parents and parents-to-be" by Dr.R.K.Suneja. There were a few recipes at the end of the book and I tried this one "Khichri" with Spinach as optional ingredient. I had in addition added jeera powder for additional flavor.
Ingredients

  • Rice - 2 tsp
  • Moong Dal - 1 tsp
  • Spinach - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
  • Jeera powder - to taste
  • Ghee - 1-2 tsp
Equipments

  • Pressure Cooker
  • Blender
Procedure
Boil rice and moong dal together in a pressure cooker for 4-5 whistles.

Boil spinach separately. This will take less than 5 minutes. You could even blanch spinach instead.


Blend all ingredients together.


Add jeera powder and ghee. Mix well and serve lukewarm.


Note:
Today, in addition to spinach, I added a small tomato along with rice and dal. When adding tomato, deseed and boil along with rice and dal. Blend adding boiled spinach.

Do you like this post? Please link back to this article by copying one of the codes below.

URL: HTML link code: BB (forum) link code:

No comments:

Get widget

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...